Four-Person Picnic Set
G.W. Scott & Sons
Black leathercloth case, two leather, handles, brass hinges, locks and catches, the lid opening to reveal, olive leathercloth lined interior, leather straps in the lid holding, plates and cutlery. Twenty Five inches wide.
G.W. Scott and Sons of 144 Charing Cross Road, London, began fitting tea sets and lunchware in elegant baskets in early the 1900’s. They were designed for elegant dining while motoring and described as “teas and luncheon cases for motoring.” It was a time when there were no regular roadside stops. One took their nourishment with them to dine in style. G.W. Scott & Sons was founded in 1661 and closed in 1967. They were famous for inventing the picnic basket in 1851, making frames for the bearskins for the Brigade of Guards and beautiful silver baskets for Buckingham Palace.
WICKER-HANDLED KETTLE AND BURNER
LEATHER COVERED FLASK
2 WICKER COVERED DRINKS BOTTLES
ASSORTED FOOD TINS
ENAMEL GILT-EDGED PLATES
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 858-459-3500.